No-Rise Rustic Spelt Bread
3 cups spelt flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 and 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
1) Pre heat the oven to 375° F and lightly flour a baking sheet.
2) In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda.
3) In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil and water.
4) MIx the wet ingredients into the dry just until a smooth dough forms.
5) On a lightly floured work surface, gently knead the bread to shape, about 3 minutes, and then form it into a 6-inch diameter round loaf.
6) Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score it in a semicircle.
7) Bake until Golden brown and firm to the touch, about 50 minutes.
8) Let bread cool for 45 minutes before serving or cutting.